MrFalafel

Default Chiles Rellenos de Arroz Integral (Chiles Rellenos Stuffed with Brown Rice)

ospam (Sue milham) wrote in message >...
> Mmmm, you're making my mouth water with these spicy creations. It is chile
> season. Do you have a single source for these recipes? A book?
>
> The one suggestion I would make is to sweat the chiles in a paper bag rather
> than plastic, not as likely to melt or take on toxins from mixing heat and
> plastic. Brown paper works very well.
>
> Also, I'm thinking I'd substitute the ones with texturized protein with tofu or
> tempe, as I've been worried lately about the forms of soy, some overly
> processed products may give too much disputed properties of soy. The texture
> may not be meatlike tho'.
>
> Thanks for your prolific recipe suggestions.

You make some very interesting suggestions! Personaly I don't have any
problem with soy and feel you can find a research or a study to claim
pretty much anything is good or bad for you. You can always change the
texture of tofu by freezing and thawing. You can also use seitan.

The mexican recipes come from 'A Taste of Mexico' by Kippy Nigh who
runs a restaurant in Mexico. The recipes are all vegetarian but many
contain dairy or eggs

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books