Posted to alt.food.vegan
Hermit Hermit is offline

Default Eating animal products

Rudy,
I really think you need to take a course in animal husbantry at Cornell
U. before you say another word. It apears you know nothing about
animals. ot even the basics.
1)Pigs raised on a factory farm have no life.
Their teath are filed down, tails cut, ears notched, all this with no
pain killers.
They are fed a High fat diet so they gain weight fast and be ready for
the table within a year. This causes heart dease and many other health
problems for the animals. YES WE ARE WHAT WE EAT!
The Pig is raped more than any other factory farm animal.
The pig can live over 30yrs. but on a factory farm they only live up to
a year, if they are lucky.
GREAT LIFE!
2) The beef Cow is fattened fast and ready for the table in a year or
less. Dairy cows are fed steroids to produce milk nonstop. When they do
they are bread til they can't anymore then turned into animal food.
Calvs are taken from their mothers as soon as they are born and fed a
bland diet to keep the meat (veal) tender. Then they are killed within
weeks of being born.
YES A GREAT LIFE! Considering a cow can live up to 50yrs or more.
3)Cickens on a farm are the worse off I think. Males are killed a birth
on an egg farm. Hens are de-beaked and de-clawed. Fryers are fattened
and ready for the table in a month or more. Those that can't produce are
killed on the spot.
All these animals are processed half dead. They blead out while they
are alive and witness others around them being killed.
Gee, Rudy, I wonder what you consider a "Good Life?"
I don't think I want to find out.
Eddie