Wayne Boatwright

Default Thanksgiving Menu

sf > wrote in
:

> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:52:47 -0400, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
> > wrote:
>

>> "levelwave" > wrote in message
>> > TonyP wrote:
>> >

>> snipped the gorge-o-rama
>>
>> > Wait a minute... No deviled Eggs?... dinner is a waste...
>> >
>> > ~john!
>> >

>> My tribe would revolt without at least two dozen of the little
>> yellow monsters, topped with paprika.
>>
>> Okay, toss out the gauntlet.......your fave deviled egg recipe?
>> -Ginny
>>

> You mean there's more than ONE????

Well, there's mine, er, my Grandmother's. They're a bit different...

---------- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

Title: Grandmother's Deviled Eggs
Categories: Appetizers
Yield: 6 Servings

6 ea Large or extra-large eggs
4 ea Saltine cracker squares,
Finely crushed
1 Tbsp Onion, finely minced
2 Tbsp Celery, very finely diced
1 Tbsp Sweet pickle, finely diced
2 Tbsp Bacon, finely crumbled
(optional)
1/2 tsp Yellow mustard
1/3 cup Mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste
Stuffed olives, sliced
Paprika

Put eggs in one layer in medium saucepan. Cover with cold water and
slowly bring to boil. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 15
minutes. Drain hot water from eggs and cover with cold water to cool.
Peel eggs, slice in half lengthwise and separate yolks and whites,
placing yolks in medium mixing bowl. Reserve egg whites on plate. Mash
egg yolks with fork until well broken up. Add crushed crackers, onion,
celery, and bacon (if using) to egg yolks, tossing together until well
mixed. Stir in mayonnaise and mustard until well mixed. If egg yolk
mixture is too dry, add additional mayonnaise or a small amount of
cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pipe or spoon egg yolk
mixture into egg white halves. Press olive slice into top of egg, and
sprinkle lightly with paprika. Serve immediately or refrigerate. If
refrigerating, remove from refrigerator 1/2 hour before serving to
improve flavor.