Posted to alt.satanism,misc.rural,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
dh@. dh@. is offline

Default Eating animal products (was: Satan as a Composite Entity/Being?)

(marques de sade) wrote:

>>>thanks for ackowledging that your contentions are faith-based...

>> Why does pointing out that I'm not one of billions of people
>>who believe something, make you think I do have faith in
>>anything?

>you appeared to imply that you believed in 'one incarnation per
>soul'... as opposed to 'multiple lives per soul'

I consider both possibilities.

>>>we might actually get somewhere if we all know where we stand.

>> Maybe, but the Goober

>i'm snipping the rest... this isn't about canoza right now...
>
>first rephrase the part about you not believing in multiple
>lives... do you believe in a soul, period... and if you do, is
>that soul eternal and sort of waiting in limbo for incarnation, or
>does it begin at the time life(incarnation) begins...
>octinomos

· If there is anything more than this life on Earth for
us, then there must be some type of "self" for each
of us that is not dependant on our body to maintain
its existence. For convenience, I will refer to this
hypothetical "self" as a "soul". Since it is not known
whether this "soul" actually exists or not, imo there
are three possibilities:

1) There is no soul--if that is the case, the *individual*
animals are totally dependant on the particular sperm
and egg that unite, for their life and individuality. If
humans stop controlling the breeding of animals, all
of the individuals that would have been born if we had
continued will instead never have that experience
regardless of how many animals are born wild, since
they are unrelated groups.
2) The soul is created at some point in the development
of the individual being--if that is the case, what I said
in the previous example is also true in this case imo.
3) The soul is created separate from the body it will
reside in--if that is the case, then it is almost certain
that if people stop raising animals for food, the souls
that would have resided in the food animals, will be born
to other bodies instead. If this is indeed the case, maybe
the animals that are being raised and eaten by humans
are providing the life experiences for souls that would
have otherwise been born in wild habitats that humans
have destroyed. ·