Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking
Duncan Booth Duncan Booth is offline

Default Electric pressure cookers - how can I get one (in the UK)

Mike....... > wrote:

> Following up to Duncan Booth > wrote:
>
>>I must admit though I've never thought of cooking bacon in a
>>microwave. Given how little time it takes to cook anyway I can't see
>>it will save much time or energy, but does it really brown and crisp
>>up?

> does anything caramelise in a microwave?

Yes, it can if it gets hot enough. That's why they sell special plates for
things like pizza which are designed to get very hot and crisp the pizza
base. The original suggestion didn't include any special instructions
though which is why I was asking: there isn't much point in floppy
uncrisped bacon. I've also seen it recommended to do crackling in the
microwave, but the only time I tried I got a soggy mess.

And for more microwave fun: http://www.pmichaud.com/grape/