Sapphire

Default Thanksgiving Menu

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:44:35 GMT, TonyP > wrote:

>Thanksgiving is comming up soon, what's your typical menu.
>
>Our is generally,
>
>Baked Turkey slow cooked about 6 hours (salt,pepper,basted every so often
>and always moist and tender).
>
>A ham, usually sliced before hand and warmed later (turns out a little dry
>presliced).
>
>Homemade stuffing, no frills, lots of celery, onion and spices, no
>gibblets or anything.
>
>Mashed potatos, milk and butter added.
>
>Sweet potatos with brown sugar and marshmellos.
>
>Cranberry sauce, chilled and sliced with wipcream.
>
>Green Bean casrole, can beans, can shroom soup, can durky onions.
>
>Other cooked veggies, corn, green beans and peas.
>
>1 gallon of gravey from the turkey drippings. My fav
>
>Fresh veggie tray with carrots, celery, brockly, cauflower and ranch
>dressing.
>
>17 cans of black olives.
>
>Store bought roll's (warmed), half weat/ half white.
>
>Usually a store bought cherry pie and homemade apple pie or two.
>
>Jello fruit salad with more marshmellows.
>
>Simple dinner, nothing fancy or gourmet but it's always a nice treat.
>Please pardon the spelling, I'm buzzed and my spellchecker is broken.

-sigh-

Second Turkey-Day away from family this year, and no money (or days
off from work) to go home.

Last year I decided that it didn't matter if there were only two of us
to share the meal, I was making a T-Day Feast.

Turkey, mashed potatoes with leeks, two kinds of stuffing (with
giblets for me, without for the Hubby), peas, corn, dinner rolls, and
three different pies for dessert (pecan, pumpkin, and blueberry).
Everything made from scratch (except Hubby's stuffing - he wanted
Stove Top).

We had leftovers for weeks.

This year I just don't foresee having the energy for that.

On the bright side, we have new neighbors who have invited us over for
their T-Day dinner. I'll probably still make the dinner rolls and
pecan pie, but skip the rest of it.

If I'm lucky, they'll let me take some turkey home with me for
sandwiches - that's the best part of T-Day leftovers.

-Sapphire.
Goddess of Unfinished Projects and of Autumn
High Priestess of Mess
Lead guitar for the abml out-of-practice musicians' band
Officially licensed pedant (Thanks Bookwurm!)
Wench #858 Madame
BEWARE the SPAM-TRAP! There is little difference
between "yahoo" and "yippee", except that one is
my e-mail address, and the other isn't.