Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default Q: Convection vs. Regular Baking

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 18:26:09 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

>I can tell you what *my* problem is. I've cooked with a conventional
>oven all my life. I've had a Jenn-Air convection oven for twenty years,
>and all I do is screw up things that I cook with convection. But I only
>do it once since I know how to do it the old way. And I rarely bake.
>I won't take the time to learn about it because I don't have to.

We've had a Jenn-Air double oven at least 10 years. The upper oven
can be convect or regular. I have learned what not to cook on
convect, but I love it when I want my chicken skin to be crispy and
brown (vertical stand) or I'm in baking casseroles like chicken
tetrazzini where everything is already cooked but I want it to heat up
quickly.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first