Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] krtrupp@yahoo.com is offline

Default Q: Convection vs. Regular Baking

I have "hit and miss" results with our convection oven. Its
frustrating. This morning I baked a cake with fruit within it.
Original recipie called for 350 degrees, so I left it at the usual
temp and used a 13x9 standard glass baking dish. The cake would not
finish baking....I let it run 15 minutes beyond its original 30
minutes before it setup and seemed "baked". This sort of thing happens
with quiche too....I have to put bakery items back in for extended
times. Cookies seem fine. Chicken cooks fine. Any ideas? I use
glass 8x8 and 9x13 for almost all my baking.