Postman

Default Nori too dry

> OK. Well the fact is that Nori being "too dry" is actually
> an indicator of freshness. Nori being "too moist" is an indicator
> of it being old and well past its prime.

[...]
> > No date on the package. It is Hime Brand. Roasted Seaweed
> > Sushinori, extra fancy. Imported from Japan.

I know this could be a stretch and also reveal my nori ignorance
(igNORIance?), but could they have put the wrong kind of nori
(the crumbly kind for garnishing rather than the sushinori kind
for rolling) in the package or mislabled the package? (More
likely, forgotten to switch packages on the packaging machine
at the factory when switching from one type of nori to the other.)

Is http://www.hime.co.jp a food company? Maybe they had a
recall on a bad batch.

From seaweed to package, how exactly does sushinori differ from
the other kinds? I'm guessing that the major difference is in
processing, even though it might be preferable to use certain
kinds of seaweed for each kind of nori. What are the different
kinds of seaweed used in making the different nori? Maybe Tony
just got a bad batch of sushinori?

Can sushi experts examine and taste two sheets of nori and
identify them as to:
(a) kind of seaweed used
(b) probable intended use (nori, garnish, other ...)
(c) proper or improper manufacturing (salt, drying, etc.)
(d) proper roasting or other treatment
(e) ...

Lastly, if it's too dry and crumbly (and you don't know
the date anyway) why not use it for garnish or add it to
a salad and buy a new package? (Sorry, I don't know if
you're trying to salvage a small retail package [US$3-8?]
or a giant restaurant sized box [100 sheets, $20-50?].)

--
Sent by xanadoof from yahoo in field com