Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] aasimonjr@earthlink.net is offline

Default Recipe in progress: Cranberry sauce muffins

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 14:14:57 -0600, zxcvbob >
wrote:

>sf wrote:
>> On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 12:29:03 -0600, zxcvbob >
>> wrote:
>>

>These are not sweet oily muffins like you get at the corner bakery.
>They are only slightly sweet. (and I've eaten way too many of them
>today) An extra tablespoon or so of sugar is not going to change that
>much. But I think they need some walnuts more than anything; that's all
>I'm gonna try next. :-)
>
>Bob

Sounds good! As a variation, you might one day try craisins or cherry
craisins brought up in port, and substitute turbinado sugar for
regular at a rate of 1/2 tsp Turb. for each tsp regular white. If the
port is too sweet, drop back to Chablis or, for those so inclined,
water. Possibilities are endless. Lemon? OJ?

A-