Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee.Dee Dee.Dee is offline

Default Who's gonna believe this? Costco online service

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 08:38:12 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
> wrote:
>
>>I guess it wouldn't hurt to throw re-usable bags in the trunk of the car.
>>But my trunk carries a tire, tools, etc. dirty things.

> You carry more than one spare tire? My spare tire and toolbox are
> located underneath the floor of my trunk. I don't know what dirty
> things you mean, but I would have plastic bins for them. I also have
> a cargo net to stabilize the filled grocery bags, which is very handy
> indeed!

We always carry a large cooler with us to put groceries in; it gets filled
fast and takes up a large portion of the Mazda. We have more room when we
go with the Buick, but for shopping forays the Mazda is a little easier on
gas mileage. We do use the Buick once a week, and as in all cars, I would
imagine, the spare tire is underneath. The trunk gets used for larger
purchases generally. DH is not so organized that he puts tools underneath
where the tire is. He's by nature an engineer, likes his tools and is not a
organized type of person to put them out of sight. Think: Sand Pebbles ;-))

The Mazda trunk is used when DH visits his father for wheel chair, walker &
anything else you can imagine that goes along with his situation; I'm not
too interested in putting anything there except a tight cooler. The back
seat is used for shopping items.

At any rate, plastic bags is not something I care to contend with; I have
enough to think about when I leave home.
Dee Dee