Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bigbazza[_8_] Bigbazza[_8_] is offline

Default For those Folk Who are Interested in Oz's attitude to US Food!

"Miche" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> PeterLucas > wrote:
>
>> "Bigbazza" > wrote in
>> :
>>

>> > I personally prefer 'Promite' myself, rather than Vegemite, Joe... It
>> > is not as salty and has less bitter taste, by being sweetened a
>> > little..

>> I'm a Promite boy myself.

> Never tried it, but now that I know it's sweetened I know not to bother.
>
> Miche

NO...I didn't say it was sweet, Miche...I said the bitterness was 'knocked
off a little' by some sweetening...It still has a little bitterness to
it...I never have sweet spreads myself..or drink any sweet drinks..But
'Promite' spread on very hot toast after buttering it, is delicious..

--
Bigbazza (Barry) Oz