Posted to alt.food.barbecue
DavidG-[_1_] DavidG-[_1_] is offline

Default What kind of smoker do you have (and which one should I get)

> Thanks for the advice. I probably will end up getting the weber smokey mountain, if it's that good for cold weather. Can I use wood chips in it? I don't know if I'll use wood blocks or anything like that, just the bags of wood chips you buy for grilling.
>
> I'm planning on smoking pork butts more than ribs, as it's pretty hard to get good ribs around here where I live. Is the webe smokey mountain good for pork butts?

I don't think you'll be disappointed SD7. I use my WSM all winter in NH.
When it gets real cold, I use the water pan empty, and manage to keep the
temp up just fine. And yes the WSM does good with pork butts.
--
DavidG-

http://www.usenet.com