Posted to rec.food.cooking
David Scheidt David Scheidt is offline

Default Nonstick fry pans

Miche > wrote:
:In article
>,
: Sheldon > wrote:

:> Those instructions don't make sense to me either... if they're truly
:> non stick why would steaming be necessary... most any grundgy thing
:> would clean up with steam cleaning, wouldn't need a non stick
:> coating. Scanpan obviously uses a poor quality non stick coating,
:> actually their cookware is coated with a titanium ceramic, not a true
:> non stick coating, it's more durable but not really non stick..

:Really? I've tried very hard to get something to stick to my Scanpan
:sautee pan and it hasn't worked.

Why do you expect Sheldon to know anything? If he tells you the sky
is blue, seek independent confirmation. Scanpan uses the same basic
non-stick stuff as everyone else. They're just applied to a ceramic
substrate. The substrate sticks to the aluminum better than plain
PTFE, and the PTFE sticks to it much better than it does to plain
aluminum. They also claim they use less.

--
sig 119