Posted to rec.food.cooking
David Scheidt David Scheidt is offline

Default Nonstick fry pans

Miche > wrote:

:My non-stick pan is a Scanpan ceramic titanium sautee pan. The surface
:is incredible as far as its non-stick properties go, and hard-wearing
:enough that I expect it to last a lifetime. And no teflon to flake off
:into my food.

Hate to break it to you, but scanpan pans are coated with PTFE. (Which
is Teflon not made by dupont, who own the Teflon trademark.) Their
supposedly super-duper titanium finish is a substrate to the
(perfectly ordinary) non-stick surface. The PTFE is supposed to
adhere better to that substrate. That's why they claim you can use a
metal utensil on them. If you over-heat the PTFE will break down.

--
sig 75