TonyP

Default Thanksgiving Menu

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 01:09:51 +0000, PENMART01 wrote:

> "Virginia Tadrzynski" writes:
>>
>>Okay, toss out the gauntlet.......your fave deviled egg recipe?

> Much prefer a deviled chopped egg salad.
>
> Season however...
>
> CURRIED EGG SALAD
>
> Can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.
> 1/4 cup bottled mayonnaise
> 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
> 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
> 3 to 4 drops of Tabasco, or to taste
> 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
> 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
> 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
> 1 1/2 tablespoons bottled mango chutney, chopped
> 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
> 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
> 3 scallions, chopped
>
> In a bowl stir together the mayonnaise, the curry powder, the celery salt, the
> Tabasco, the cumin, the mustard, the lemon juice, and the chutney. Stir in the
> eggs, the celery, and the scallions and season the salad with salt and pepper.
>
> Gourmet

We all know your a dipshit and probably don't have any family but I might
try it aroud xmas or new years. We try to avoid snacks and cracker
spreads on thanksgiving. We like food on food day, not oddball gourmet
shit, just food you know everyone will like and eat. It's not a cooking
contest. Snack days are xmas eve and new year eve/day for us anyway.

My $.02

Tony