Posted to rec.food.cooking
Phred Phred is offline

Default Vegemite revisited [Was: For those Folk Who are Interested in Oz's attitude to US Food!]

In article >, "Bigbazza" > wrote:
>As I was searching Google today for the information to Joy (Poster
>on AFP) about 'Promite' that I prefer to 'Vegemite'...I come across
>this interesting web site...It looks like a forum chatter....
>
>Any comments on same?
>
>http://www.uq.net.au/~zzdonsi/food.html

<quoting>
Vegemite is a salty black substance that is commonly spread (very
thinly) on sandwiches and toasts.
</quoting>

What sort of a wimp spreads it "very thinly"? :-)

Addendum: As I probably mentioned here some years ago, a group of 15
or 20 of us Aussies once ran a "blind" taste test of Vegemite,
Promite, and Marmite, at smoko one arvo.

AFAICR now, there was a preference for Vegemite, but some people did
prefer one or the other of the other two spreads. Also, it seems some
people like Pommie Marmite but not brands from the colonies.

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID