Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Chef Juke[_2_] Chef Juke[_2_] is offline

Default What kind of smoker do you have (and which one should I get)

On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 01:44:28 GMT, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>SD7 wrote:
>
>> .... but I have read some messages and most of them talk
>> about wood, and would like to know what kind of smokers everyone is
>> using.

>I have a Kamado #7 for home use, which replaced the WSM. Although I have had
>no problems with my #7, I no longer recommend Kamado due to the ethical
>shortcomings of Kamado's owner.

I have 3 Kamados and a WSM (currently on loan to a friend).

For someone just starting out, I agree with the earlier posters that
the WSM would be the way to go. If you wanna start on the real cheap,
then I would go for an ECB - El Cheapo Brinkmann (a Brinkmann Vertical
Charcoal smoker) but these are nothing in comparison to a WSM.

If I were in the market for a new Ceramic smoker, I would likely be
looking mainly at the Komodo-Kamado
(http://www.komodokamado.com/KomodoKamadoNew/) as from all accounts
that I have found, plus my conversations with the owner, they seem to
achieve what the original Kamado folks promise only with better
construction, components and real customer service behind their
efforts.

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats when they come to MY house!"
http://www.chefjuke.com