Posted to rec.food.cooking
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Peanut, peanut butter, jelly !

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Goomba38 > wrote:
>
>> Puester wrote:
>>
>> > I hadn't thought about the oil separating out as a reason for
>> > refrigeration.
>> > I always assumed that peanut and other nut butters wouldn't get rancid
>> > as quickly if they were refrigerated.

> OK, but that's my question - why would that be a problem with the blend
> if it is not a problem with the individual ingredients? I don't
> refrigerate any of them.

At least for the nuts, because you processed them. Just like if you took a
whole carrot and left it sitting on the counter for a few days. You could
still eat it and not get sick. Now granted if it were warm enough, it might
not be so crisp. But you wouldn't get sick from it. But put that carrot in
the food processor, break it down into little bits and leave it out for a
few days and you have food poisoning in a dish.