Posted to rec.food.cooking
hahabogus hahabogus is offline

Default Following directions?

Christine Dabney > wrote in
:

> On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 10:08:08 -0800 (PST), John Kane
> > wrote:
>

>>Actually I'm of the follow directions the first time, unless something
>>is obvioiusly a typo.

> I do the same thing. My feeling is (especially if the recipe is from a
> noted chef/cook) that the author may have some specific outcome in
> mind, or a flavor combination that he/she is trying to achieve. If I
> start messing with the recipe right from the bat, I may miss what it
> was intended to be, and that intention might well be spectacular if
> the directions are followed.
>
> Christine

Quickie green bean almondine...

Nuke enough french cut green beans for 2 meals (single person sized),
while that's cooking slice and pan fry a messs of button mushrooms, when
cooked to your liking combine both and sprinkle with sliced almonds and
penzeys toasted minced dried onions (not too much onion) as it's
flavouring is strong. Toss and serve.

Minced garlic is opptional and if used cook it with the mushrooms.

Notes consider adding red crush peppers.

This is the kind of recipe I follow. In fact it is the side for my lunch
and supper at work tonight.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore