Posted to alt.food.wine
Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] is offline

Default New Total Wine in Sacramento, CA

In article >,
"Zeppo" > wrote:

> "Joseph Coulter" > wrote in message
> . 97.136...
> > AxisOfBeagles > wrote in news:2008012616493416807-
> > me@donotreplycom:
> >

> >> Not as impressed with their large but unimpressive California
> >> selections, although there are deals there too. But if you're in NOr
> >> Cal and bargain hunting for some Euro wines, this place is a must see.
> >>

> > They have reputation for big selection but also agressive bait and
> > switch to house brands by sales team. At least that is the 411 in FL.
> >

> Joseph,
> I've not experienced this in their Claymont Delaware store. The staff there
> are knowledgeable and helpful. They have turned me on to many new wines and
> helped me locate wines I was looking for they didn't have in stock.
>
> Jon

Not here, They are neither knowledgeable or for that matter helpful.
They don't do bait and switch but it is what it is. They generally will
not help with getting wines they don't have in stock and that is true in
all 3 Tidewater locations.