Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Full brisket, Sacramento area: FOLLOW UP

"Zz Yzx" > wrote in message

> Now, the question for the experts out the does it matter whether
> its "choice" or "select" grade? I forgot to check when I was there,
> but I'm betting Walmart doesn't carry "choice" or "prime".
>
> Thanks a heap once more,
> -Zz

Grade does not matter on brisket. I've done both with equally good results.
The trick is to cook it long enough to break down the collagen. If you are
using a thermometer, take it off at 192 to 195. If not stick a fork in it
and you should be able to turn it fairly easily. Let it stand and slice
thin across the grain.