Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Zz Yzx Zz Yzx is offline

Default Full brisket, Sacramento area: FOLLOW UP to FOLLOW UP

>Now, the question for the experts out the does it matter whether
>its "choice" or "select" grade? I forgot to check when I was there,
>but I'm betting Walmart doesn't carry "choice" or "prime".

OK, so I called a hoity toidy market in Petaluma (60 miles from me,
but I go there often anyways), who can order choice-grade, untrimmed
brisket in cryopack, for $4.99/lb. I just went back to the Super
Walmart, and the brisket there is $1.67/lb, but there's absolutely no
indication of grade on the package. There's a "USDA Inspected" stamp,
but no grade. I asked the lady, who said she'd go check the box it
came in. She returned a few minutes later and said "They threw the
box out, I dunno'".

I'm thinking it's utility grade.

Any help?

-Zz