Alex Rast

Default Recipe for meat pie crust?

I'm looking for a recipe for a specific type of meat pie crust. It's quite
common in Britain, and I can probably make a guess at the recipe, but it'd
be nice to get something more definite.

Anyway, it's for the kind of big (9" or 10"), round-dish meat pies you
often find. The crust is something like a flaky pie crust, but made
somewhat sturdier with the addition of eggs. Typically, it's also a little
thinner (you can roll it out more because with the eggs, it's not so
fragile). One of its big advantages is that it doesn't get terribly soggy
on the bottom when laden down under piles of meat and gravy. When baked the
top has a *very* attractive golden-brown sheen to it (it's shiny, not
flat). Can someone give me a reliable recipe for this?
--
Alex Rast