Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default Semi-Homemade Cooking With Sanda Led” Fried Cheese Ravioli with Tomato Pepper Relish and Artichoke Caper Dip

In article >, > wrote:

> For awhile, I’ve really been wanting to give a Sandra Lee recipe a run thru.
> But I am also a cheap *******. I don’t want to spend $20 on something that I
> suspect will be inedible.

Most of Sandra Lee's recipes cost nothing. You just go out to your
pantry to get the ingredients. That way you don't have to pay for them.
There are some exceptions, like fresh meat. The only course that
regularly costs money is the drinkypoos. She never makes one drink.
It's either a quartet, or more usually, a big pitcher. She generally
uses very expensive liqueurs.

> Looking at the recipe, I saw problems right away. I’ve had fried/toasted
> ravioli many times. Usually breaded. Once, not breaded. And it made for some
> horribly tough pasta. Not tasty. And hers are of the “unbreaded” variety.

I always boil the fresh ravioli and panfry in a little oil. They are
never tough.

> On to the showdown. First up, the sauces.
>
> And a word about the ravioli.... for either recipe, you'd end up tossing some
> from the package anyway where they've stuck together, and they rip when you
> try to get them apart. I think I lost about 10... maybe 1/3 of the package.
> Thrifty!!

Boil them first, then separate, preferably while in the boiling water.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA