Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

Default Strike Two: Cheesecake Factory does it again!

"Pete C." > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Goomba38" > wrote in message
>>
>> > "at"?? I prefer in, but that's neither here nor there. I actually was
>> > impressed with the place as a chain. A HUGE step up from the Applebees,
>> > Ruby Tuesday type fern bars.
>> > I recognize it for what it is and the limitations ....and it still was
>> > very good!

>> Anything is a step up from Applebees. Never been to a Ruby Tuesday.
>> They
>> don't have them here. Maybe we're just lucky...

> My first and only visit to a newly opened (a few weeks prior) Applebees
> was so bad in every possible way that I blacklisted the entire chain and
> have never been to one since.
>
> I've been to Ruby Tuesday a few times and it's been ok, just average
> acceptable chain stuff. Comparable to Chili's, Olive Garden, Ground
> Round and other basic chain places.
>
> The Cheesecake Factory, Macaroni Grill, Magianno's and similar represent
> and upper level of chain restaurant with pretty good food. Still chain
> food, with nothing really outstanding and a consistent menu.

These places are perfect for:

- when you're travelling, you're in an unfamiliar town, and way too
exhausted to go exploring. "Oh good - there's Ruby Tuesday. It's familiar."

- when you've been shopping way too long with children who are on the verge
of meltdown, and the safest bet is something familiar.