Posted to rec.food.cooking
Clay Irving Clay Irving is offline

Default Thai Food

On 2008-01-22, Sqwertz > wrote:

>> I've been working on my documentation of Thai cuisine and I have a few
>> Web sites I'd like to sha
>>
>> - Tam Ra Ahan Thai (Thai Recipes)
>> http://www.panix.com/~clay/cookbook/...tents.cgi?thai

> Looks like you stole those recipe from somebody else who used to
> post here.
>
> I just cross-checked one of them:
> http://www.astray.com/recipes/?show=...20holy%20basil
>
> So I spot checked a few others: Looks like they're all lifted
> from other people/sites.

Really?

Do you think I stole Colonel Philpott's recipes by giving attributions where
I obtained the recipes, I spent time learning the Thai langauge, and I
translated the names of the recipes to Thai. Do you think I stole recipes
by translating them from Thai? Do you think I stole recipes by spending
months in Thailand learning about Thai cuisine? Do you think I stole
recipes by spending years photographing Thai food? Do you think I stole
recipes by spending time with my wife and her family in Thailand? Do you
think I've spent 13 years collecting recipes to share with the public
to be upset by a someone like you that accuses me of stealing recipes?

I've now given you more attention than you deserve.

--
Clay Irving >
double value; /* or your money back! */