Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Strike Two: Cheesecake Factory does it again!

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Goomba38" > wrote in message
>
> > "at"?? I prefer in, but that's neither here nor there. I actually was
> > impressed with the place as a chain. A HUGE step up from the Applebees,
> > Ruby Tuesday type fern bars.
> > I recognize it for what it is and the limitations ....and it still was
> > very good!

> Anything is a step up from Applebees. Never been to a Ruby Tuesday. They
> don't have them here. Maybe we're just lucky...

My first and only visit to a newly opened (a few weeks prior) Applebees
was so bad in every possible way that I blacklisted the entire chain and
have never been to one since.

I've been to Ruby Tuesday a few times and it's been ok, just average
acceptable chain stuff. Comparable to Chili's, Olive Garden, Ground
Round and other basic chain places.

The Cheesecake Factory, Macaroni Grill, Magianno's and similar represent
and upper level of chain restaurant with pretty good food. Still chain
food, with nothing really outstanding and a consistent menu.