Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Steve[_6_] Steve[_6_] is offline

Default Chilean Carmenere/ Cabernet Sauvignon Extended instructions?

I believe that Gary really does mean toss the potassium sorbate. When
he says to put the sorbate in an empty carboy, he means put the
potassium metabisulphite in the empty carboy.

IMO, Gary's method is probably going to work. I would add the
bentonite (especially in a white) because I'm not convinced that time
will clear a protein haze. Personally I would also use the clearing
agents & filter. But that's just me.

Steve