Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Attitudes toward dietary adversity

On Sat 12 Jan 2008 04:48:29a, Christine Dabney told us...

> Hello folks,
>
> I have been reading the posts of several among us that have dietary
> problems... And many seem to be so limited by what they can eat, and
> even what they will eat. That includes the picky eaters among all of
> us...

I have absolutely no food allergies and I love to eat. I didn't balloon up
to nearly 300 pounds at one time for nothing! And it wasn't by eating junk
food. It wasn't easy getting back down to 180. :-(

I like or will try almost anything with very few exceptions. Most of you
know my intense dislike for turkey. I've eaten it many times but I simply
don't like the taste or the smell. I also don't care to eat certain "sea
creatures" or raw fish. That's it! I'm fair game for just about anything
anyone would prepare and serve.

There are a few things I haven't tried, like haggis, simply because I've
never been where those things were offered. And since I live with one of
the pickiest eaters on the planet, I just wouldn't bother making it for
myself. There are actually very few things in this category.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 01(I)/12(XII)/08(MMVIII)
Infantry Rule #1: Never share your
foxhole with someone braver than you are.