Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default Pulled Pork, what cut?

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:59:10 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
wrote:

>"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message

>> The butcher pulled it from a cryovac, Dee. And pork butt is well marbled,
>> and has a large fat cap. After 16 hours in the pit (or oven) most of that
>> fat has rendered out and the meat is extremely succulent.
>>

>>> Dee Dee

>> --
>> Dave
>> www.davebbq.com

>Do you mean that most of the meat that is sold at WF (I realize that you
>don't KNOW that) has been cryovac'd? I'm trying to figure out why you say
>that.

Dee... think back to how it was to go to ANY butcher counter in a
grocery store (which we called a *supermarket* back in those days).
Don't you remember custom ordering? The butcher would bring out the
whole piece and you'd tell him how thick you wanted it cut. This was
in the middle of nowhere Michigan, so it must have been happening
elsewhere at the time too.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first