Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee.Dee Dee.Dee is offline

Default Pulled Pork, what cut?

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. net...

> "Sky" > wrote in message
>> I'd like to make some pulled pork (not necessarily for barbeque/grill,
>> etc.), what cut of pork is best to use; shoulder, butt . .? It will get
>> cooked in the oven. TIA.
>>

> Around here the choice is butt or picnic as you won't find a whole
> shoulder, but either way works.

Lordy, me -- I bought a butt (Neiman brand) a few months ago and it stunk so
bad I couldn't eat it. DH thought it was good and nothing wrong with it. I
followed some posters' advice and got thru making it all in a couple of
different dishes -- I spiced it up while cooking so I couldn't smell it.

I wonder why some might choose pulled pork vs. pulled beef. It's pulled
beef for me from now on.

Dee Dee