Debbie MacLeod

Default San Diego Cook-In

Christine Dabney > wrote in message >. ..
> On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:55:14 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> > wrote:
>

> >We hope that many of you will start planning on attending a late Spring
> >Cook-In here in Sandy Eggo in 2004!
> >
> >Charlie
> >

> Yes, indeed!
>
> Debbie Mcleod and I discovered that one of our favorite cookbooks, is
> Richard Olney's book, Lulu's Provencal Kitchen. Somehow in talking
> about it, we decided it would be fun to make Bouillabaisse along with
> it's attendant rouille at the cook-in in 2004, Or at least a
> reasonable facsimile, since many people seem to think that a
> bouillabaisse cannot be made in this country or outside of the region
> it was born in. So, as of this moment, we are planning as our
> contribution, a kettle of bouillabaisse or it's facsimile.

"Chez Panisse Cooking" has instructions for a "fish soup in the style
of a bouillabaisse." Either we can make that, or we can have the
cook-in in Bandol.

> Debbie, I had another idea too, if you are reading this. I was just
> looking at the book again, and one of the dishes that also intrigues
> me, and would also be good for a party is a Grand Aioli. It will be
> just about time for the new garlic to come in at that time, so it
> would be very appropriate as well. If that idea of bouillabaisse
> doesn't come together, maybe we could consider this?
>
> Christine

Sounds great! I've made that particular Grand Aioli (complete with
stewed octopus) for a friend from Menton who loved it. The garlic in
my garden should be just about ready by mid-June...

Debbie