Posted to rec.food.cooking
George[_1_] George[_1_] is offline

Default Whole Foods Worker Sacked For Stopping Shoplifter...

Michael "Dog3" wrote:
> George > dropped this
> : in rec.food.cooking
>
>> Unfortunately the first thing you have to consider in operating a
>> business is not doing something that may allow John Edwards or one of
>> his friends to transfer huge wealth to themselves.
>>
>> You can be assured that "Mr Thief" if identified will get dozens of
>> calls with offers to "help him" obtain large monetary compensation for
>> the terrible ordeal of someone trying to stop him.

> And exactly what point are you trying to make? If it's political you're
> doing a **** poor job of it.
>
> Michael

Not political. Edwards happens to come to mind as a lawyer who moved
large amounts of wealth (28,000 sf house etc) to himself by "helping"
people.

There is one in another town but you likely wouldn't recognize his name
(he has a 16,000 sf house with a 12 car drive through garage) but his
picture is on many buses, billboards and phone directories telling us he
is ready to "help"...

My point is that avoiding legal issues is a major part of any commercial
enterprise. I have been involved in some product liability suits as a
company representative and it is totaling amazing what litigation some
lawyers will bring.

Sometimes I visit a friend whose office is in the same building as a law
firm and one of the partners constantly tells me I should tell him about
things I see because they were almost the principle firm on a class
action and had the case stolen by another firm and can't wait to put
themselves on the map with a big suit.