Posted to rec.food.cooking
Leonard Blaisdell[_2_] Leonard Blaisdell[_2_] is offline

Default Slow roasting a rib of beef (well done)

In article >, sf wrote:

> I don't think we get rolled roasts around here... but don't denigrate
> chuck roasts, they are pretty damned good.

How am I going to get myself out of this one? I always choose chuck for
pot roast. Almost always. Top sirloin is grand too. I love pot roast.
But presenting the in-laws with a chuck pot roast instead of a prime rib
is like me presenting you with a zircon instead of a diamond. I'd prefer
presenting an industrial grade diamond and pawning it off as special. A
slow cooked sirloin roast might do that. I'm getting myself in deeper,
aren't I?

leo