Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Scootz Scootz is offline

Default Help with a Pork Butt

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 05:31:45 GMT, "Brick" > wrote:

>And that's why folks, when you ask how long will it take?
>or what temperature should I cook at? You're going to
>get answers spread all over the map. It's not because
>people are guessing. It's because they answer in terms of
>what works and is convenient for them.
>
>Bottom line; learn your equipment. Start with temp
>control and don't mess with other stuff until you know
>how you can make your cooker run the way you want
>it to or until you can help it run the way it wants to. Only
>then are you ready to mess with rubs and brines and all
>that other stuff.
>
>That's my 2¢.

>Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)

<delurk>

thats the best spent 2 cents worth of information ive read in this group, and the truest.
i have 5 diff types of cookers 2 weber gas grills, and a large trailer type homemade offset.
they all cook differently and at differant times and temps, including the 2 webers.
they also cook differently depending on the weather and esp the humidity.

information is like recipes, take what you like from each and use what works for you.

greets all and merry christmas,

<lurk>

Scootz

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)