Posted to rec.food.cooking,aus.food
Phred Phred is offline

Default Freezing and storing cooked turkey?

In article >, Lou Decruss
> wrote:
>On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:40:26 -0600, jay > wrote:
>>On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:29:36 -0800 (PST), aem wrote:
>>> On Dec 14, 5:15 am, (Phred) wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>>>
>>> The traditional thing to do is to eat the leftovers for a few days in
>>> various forms like sandwiches, soup, tetrazzini/a la king/pot pie,
>>> fried rice, then throw the rest away because everyone is sick and
>>> tired of it. -aem

>>No kidding. Sometimes it makes me wonder -- why do they make us eat
>>turkey? --!

>LOL. I'm with the "throw the stuff out" crowd. Actually, I'd rather
>not have to make it to begin with.

I can begin to sympathise with that attitude. :-)

Actually, I'm following up to say:
(1) thanks everybody who responded with suggested solutions; &
(2) the crisis has largely been averted! :-)

When I called back at the pub later to pick up the "turkey" it turned
out to be just a pack of frozen turkey breasts "Self-basting Ezyroast
Turkey Breasts" to give the full marketing title.

Now, just having turkey breasts markedly reduces the variables to
contend with, and that's clearly a Good Thing. Also, I found enough
freezer space to store the package, thus postponing any final decision
into the indefinite future. (At which point I will probably be back
here seeking recipe suggestions for roast turkey breasts. :-)

Mind you, at 3.2 kg there's still a fair bit of protein involved here.
(And, on that point, our Coles supermarket is presently advertising
specials of "large 32" whole turkeys (3.2 kg) and "large 36" turkey
breasts (3.6 kg) -- thus demonstrating that the part *can* be more
than the whole.

Thanks again, mates.

Cheers, Phred.

--