Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Garbage Disposal

Oh pshaw, on Wed 19 Dec 2007 08:04:13p, Kenneth meant to say...

> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 01:43:26 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>> We don't currently have a garbage disposal because we're on a septic
>> system and having one is ill advised.

> Hi Wayne,
>
> What is your understanding of why such a setup is not
> appropriate?
>
> Thanks,

We've been told by more than one source that constantly "feediing" a septic
system with that much debris will lead to early system failure. We have a
brand new 1800 gallon septic system. Septic systems are meant primarily
for water soluble and human waste products, not garbage. I don't want to
get off on the wrong foot with it. Repair is very costly.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Dec 19,2007

Countdown 'til Christmas
3dys 19hrs 4mins 4secs
When I die, I want to go peacefully in
my sleep like my father did, not
screaming in terror like his passengers.