Posted to rec.food.cooking
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Garbage Disposal

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 19:31:16 -0700, Pennyaline
> > wrote:
>
>>Fibers and hair will clog a disposal.

> Make that anything fibrous. I've clogged garbage disposals with
> artichoke leaves (before I was married) and more recently with just a
> few measly stems that I'd trimmed from a bouquet of roses, so - shoot
> me. I learn by doing most of the time.

I tried to put salad down my friend's disposal and she freaked. I knew
celery was bad but salad? My parents always put it down with no problems.

My tub always gets clogged when my daughter uses it. She must shed like
crazy. She had super long hair and every time she washed her hair in the
tub I would have to use a device to get the hair out of the drain. Never
seems to happen when I bathe, but I have shorter hair.