Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Garbage Disposal

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
news:4Djaj.5820$Xh1.2340@trndny03...
> Do you have one? Do you use it?
>
> I ask because I have one that I very rarely use. My sink has a tendency
> to clog and every time I use the disposal, I fear that it will clog again.

You have a drain problem. Fixing your drain pipes would probably be very
expensive or even impossible depending on location. In your case, the
disposal should be use minimally or not at all. You may be OK with a small
batch of something you want to get rid of because of the potential to stink,
but put peels and such in the trash or a compost pile. If you do want to
grind, use plenty of water and even run the dishwasher after to add more
water in the drain line.