Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nexis Nexis is offline

Default Results of the 7th annual cookie exchange...

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "Nexis" > wrote
>
>> I made French Christmas cookies, as I do every year, both because they are a
>> tradition, and because everyone around here began clamoring for them the morning
>> after Thanksgiving!

> I don't know what they are, but I like the way they sound!
>
> Your cookie exchange sounds like it was outstanding. A nice
> tradition.
>
> nancy

Thanks Nancy :-) It really was great, and we had so much fun.
I've posted the French Christmas Cookies before, but here it is again:

FRENCH CHRISTMAS COOKIES
40 graham cracker singles (2 packs)
2 - 6oz pkgs mini chocolate chips
2 cups finely chopped nuts (walnuts or almonds)
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter, softened to room temp
1 cup 1/2&1/2 (or use 1/2 cup each milk and cream)
*frosting* (see below)
1. Put the grahams in a plastic bag (about half at a time), squeeze the air
out and seal. Roll over with a rolling pin until the grahams are crushed.
2. Cream butter and sugar.
3. Add crumbs and mix
4. Add cream, nuts and chips and mix
5. Fill baking mini-cups 2/3 full
6. Bake on a cookie sheet at 375* for 10-12 minutes...just until set--do
NOT overbake.
Frosting:
Melt 1 pkg each chocolate and butterscotch chips with 1-2 Tbsp peanut
butter. Use to *frost* cookies

kimberly