Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Results of the 7th annual cookie exchange...

Oh pshaw, on Sun 16 Dec 2007 09:32:58a, meant to say...

> On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 05:45:32 -0800, "Nexis" > wrote:
>
>>bittersweet chocolate truffle cookies

> Sounds good! Is the recipe similar to this?
> http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocola...es/Detail.aspx
>
> Russian Tea Cakes
> Found a simple recipe (thanks for the reminder)... I don't know why I
> don't make them other than my family mainly eats chocolate, so I end
> up on garbage detail - unless they are snickerdoodles.
>
> Almond-Oatmeal Crescents
> I didn't find a recipe for this. Would you mind finding a link or
> posting the recipe?
>
> TIA

Will this do?

Title: Almond Crescents (oatmeal)
Serves: 48

1.00 c Margarine
0.50 ts Almond extract
0.75 c Sifted powdered sugar
2.00 c All-purpose flour
0.50 ts Salt (optional)
1.00 c Quaker Oats, uncooked
0.50 c Finely chopped almonds

Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
Beat margarine and almond extract until fluffy.
Gradually beat in sugar.
Add combined flour and salt, mix well.
Stir in oats and almonds.
Shape to form crescents.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown.
Sift powdered sugar over warm crescents.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Dec 13,2007

Countdown 'til Christmas