Posted to rec.food.drink
clarv02 clarv02 is offline

Default How to make an "Iced Gingerbread Mocha" (Outback)

I haven't tried the actual drink at Outback, but seeing it on the
menu, I had to try it at home. At this site (http://www.outback.com/
foodandmenus/winterdrinks2007.aspx) I found the same info that's on
the menus, pictures included. Could not google a recipe though. So if
you go to that site, at the bottom they have a free recipe to "try at
home". I followed the same guidelines for that recipe, and applied
them to the Iced Gingerbread Mocha. It came out fantastic!

I substituted Kahlua for the Starbucks coffee liqueur, and substitued
Jim Beam for Jack Daniels since I don't have either of those. Here's
how it went down:

1 oz Kahlua
2 oz Jim Beam
2 oz Half and Half
A few quirts of Hershey's chocolate syrup
1/2 oz Gingerbread syrup

Shake vigorously all ingredients above in a cocktail shaker with ice.
Pour into whatever glass you like. Top with whipped cream and swirls
of Hershey's syrup.

The alcohol content was fairly strong, but I like it that way. It was
very tasty. Adjust ingredients to suite your own taste.

Enjoy!!