Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonnymus[_5_] Nonnymus[_5_] is offline

Default country ham

One of the big disappointments of living out here in Las Vegas is the
lack of places selling country ham. A couple years back, I actually
went on a quest to find some and finally did- at $20/# in a
yuppie/gourmet meat market. Then, the small quantity I bought was
terrible. I get catalogs from the good folks in VA, but have never been
hungry enough for it to pay their price, either. Back in Raleigh, it
was bubble packed and on racks in the meat section of all the stores,
but out here the quiche eaters from California <grin> don't even know
what it is.

I'm tempted to see if I can make a small quantity- just for the fun of
it- out of something readily available- a butt roast. Does anyone have a
good technique to make a country ham I could slice into chips for
morning biscuits?

---Nonnymus---
No matter how large your boat,
the person you are talking with will