Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet B. Janet B. is offline

Default Apple And Calvados Croustade

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
>I haven't tried this recipe yet, but the photo and the recipe in the
> LA Times today (yes, another LA Times recipe - they do get a few
> things right :-) looked so good that I'm itching to make it this
> weekend. I had never heard of a "croustade," but the photo and recipe
> in the Times looked for all the world like a "deconstructed" apple pie
> on steroids. If I can pull this off and have it look half as cool (and
> taste half as good as it looks), I am going to be seriously jazzed.

snip

I think it is the same thing that we have been doing with pie dough for the
last 5-10 years (you'll still see it on some cooking shows) -- roll the
dough out into a rough circle, place filling in the middle, fold the
remaining dough inward and somewhat over the filling, leaving the center of
the filling exposed. Bake as usual. This works for fruit fillings.
Janet