Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Brent[_4_] Brent[_4_] is offline

Default How can you tell if tea has caffeine?

> I don't mind your considering it a myth in the absence of a quoted study
> (right now, I'm thinking a 1986 report of a study done by Kaiser Permanente
> MIGHT be the source), but I surely don't appreciate getting jumped for what
> is supposedly common knowledge by now by people who use studies that haven't
> in any way whatsoever supported as yet their stance that it's a myth.

You're not getting jumped- it's just that referring to "common
knowledge" isn't a valid counter-argument to (at least) plausible
scientific data, despite a lack of detail. You say that our data has
not supported our conclusions "in any way whatsoever" (a point I would
disagree with), yet you do not provide *any* data whatsoever, not even
incomplete data, supporting your assumptions. I can think of plenty
of times over the course of human history when the common knowledge
was blatantly wrong, so it is only reasonable to question it.

-Brent