Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonnymus[_5_] Nonnymus[_5_] is offline

Default Gas grill for x-mas

Steve Calvin wrote:

> Yep, that's the old "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" kind of
> thing. I just don't care for the SS look. I'm curious though, how many
> years on average have you had the grills?

The first was for about 6 years and abandon when we moved. The second
was concurrent with a laid up pit and lasted about 8 years until
retirement and relocation to a tiny lot, virtually no back yard and
uber-suburban living. The current one is about 4 years old and plugging
along as my main "stove." Here in the desert, Steve, most of us cook
outdoors so we're not air conditioning and heating at the same time.
<grin> It gets used about 4-5 times a week, supplemented with my IR
grill and Bradley. I'm not gonna' tell you that things are perfect here
in retirement city, since I really miss the 6 wooded acres, shooting
beer cans while waiting for the food to be done, garage/pickup truck,
critters, dogs. . . you know----the good stuff of life. Still, what I
have pleases me and my friends tell me that I probably won't starve or
starve out poor Mrs. Nonny.

Nonny

--
---Nonnymus---