Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Steve Calvin Steve Calvin is offline

Default Gas grill for x-mas

Nonnymus wrote:
> This is an excellent point, and I assure you that Sam's Club's support
> disappears as the box exits the store. <grin> However, I've had three
> different Sam's Club SS grills over the years and there's never been a
> need for repair, so far. If there was, I'd use the parts list that came
> with the grill and order the parts to do the repair myself.
>
> Back in my business days, there was an old saying that, "Nobody ever got
> fired for buying an IBM product," and I guess that is probably true as
> well for Weber products. However, IMHO there's a whole lot of equally
> good quality and perhaps a few more goodies in the Sam's Club grill,
> including a SS hood and side burner that I use and enjoy.
>
> Nonny

Yep, that's the old "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
kind of thing. I just don't care for the SS look. I'm
curious though, how many years on average have you had the
grills?

As I said, my Weber sits out 24/365 in NYS and still looks
and acts as when it was new. I got tired of burners or the
whole thing going "belly up" with the other brands.

Here's a pic of the way it sits as of today after 9 years:
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL413.../103771621.jpg

To each their own. The world would be an awfully boring
place if we all liked the same thing.

--
Steve
http://adirondackoutdoors.forumcircle.com