Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick[_3_] Brick[_3_] is offline

Default Finally--Great Ribs!

On 9-Dec-2007, "Harry" > wrote:

> "Lew" > wrote in message
> . ..

> >> the best way to make beans edible---imnsho anyway<sf>
> >>
> >> Buzz
> >>

> > The trimmings are also for the cook to eat while the ribs are
> > finishing
> >

> > --
> > Lew/+Silat

> Now that is one good idea which I need to try, L/+S.
>
> Harry

Jeez Harry, I'm sorry. I just assumed that the various uses of rib
trimmings was common knowledge or I would have posted some-
thing sooner.

That ugly flap meat that you trim off the bone side of spares is
delicious in place of breakfast bacon. Despite it's terrible looks,
it's tender and tasty. The rib tips themselves are good as is,
but really excell in a pot of beans. They're good in red beans,
navy, great northern, pinto, lima and probably others that I
don't even know about. They are an excellent departure from
the historic "Ham Hock" in most bean dishes.

They also add a lot of "Character" to greens, particularly
Collards.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)