Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Lewis Perin Lewis Perin is offline

Default How can you tell if tea has caffeine?

Brent > writes:

> Thanks for pointing that out Lew, I see how the language in the
> abstract is unclear. However, in the full text they make it more
> obvious that they are talking about successive steeps with the same
> leaf/bag. The full article is available on ScienceDirect (http://
> dx.doi.org/10.1016/0963-9969(96)00038-5) if you have a subscription or
> university access.

Sorry, I can't get to the original in the near future. But if they
really mean it that way, then what they represent as the Asian (at
least *East* Asian) way of steeping leaves is wrong. Resteeping the
same leaves is the norm in East Asia.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /